British Airways adds to Stansted schedule with new year-round service to Milan
- Credit: Archant
British Airways is launching a new year-round service between Stansted Airport and Milan.
From Apri 29, BA will operate one flight each way between Stansted and the northern Italian city’s Linate Airport on Saturdays and Sundays, adding further to its network of routes at the Essex hub where it only began operating in May last year.
Alongside the Stansted service, BA will also start flying to Milan Linate from London City Airport from April 24, with two flights a day on week days and one a day at weekends.
Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager customer and commercial, said: “Milan is a very exciting route for us as it will appeal to both business and leisure customers.
“The new services gives the choice of two alternative London airports with well-timed flights to Linate, which is Milan’s most convenient airport.”
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted Airport aviation Director, added: “It’s fantastic to hear that British Airways is launching another new service from Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
“This is excellent news for the airport and gives passengers even more choice. It also reflects the growing strength of demand that exists for these services across London and the East of England.”
Italian airline Meridiana, which already codeshare on BA services between Milan Linate and London Heathrow, will in future also codeshare on the new services from London City and Stansted.
Last month, BA announced the launch of three new summer destinations from Stansted, Florence, Geneva and Nice, along with increased frequencies on routes to Ibiza and Palma.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Including other summer-only routes and year-round flights to Berlin, the addition of Milan means that BA will be flying to nine destinations from Stansted this summer.
All flights will be operated with Embraer 190 jet aircraft, with two abreast seating so every customer gets an aisle or window seat.