Bury St Edmunds-based Sunsquare among finalists in the Business Green Leaders awards
- Credit: Archant
Skylights and rooflights company Sunsquare has been shortlisted for a national award recognising firms leading the way in promoting “green” best practice.
The Bury St Edmunds-based firm is among the finalists in the Manufacturer of the Year category of the Business Green Leaders awards, due to be held in London on July 6.
The award recognises manufacturers which have embraced and promoted green best practices, slashing environmental impacts in the process.
Sunsquare is the first skylights and rooflights firm to have all its products Kitemarked by the BSI and also recently received a bronze award under the Suffolk Carbon Charter scheme as well as CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) status.
Sunsquare actively endeavours to improve the environmental performance of the business, from ensuring the recycling of all raw materials through to LED office lighting.
During a recent evaluation of its processes, Sunsquare was able to conclude that 97% of its waste was destined for recycling or reuse.
Justin Seldis, director of Sunsquare, said: “We’re really thrilled by our nomination; it’s a real testament to the efforts we’ve made as a company to be promoting as many green practices as we can.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 6 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 7 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 8 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
“Sunsquare has always operated a strict environmental policy; both within the manufacture of our industry-leading products and our office headquarters.
“We take our status as market leaders very seriously and we’re delighted that our achievements have been recognised.”
The Business Green Leaders Awards 2016 will bring together more than 600 executives, entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, and campaigners to celebrate the green economy’s most exciting and innovative achievements from the past 12 months.