Bury St Edmunds-based Working Towards Wellbeing makes Rehabilitation First Awards shortlist for cancer initiative
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk rehabilitation service Working Towards Wellbeing (W2W) has been shortlisted for a major award for an innovative project which helps cancer survivors get back to work.
W2W, which is part of Bury Physio and based in Maynewater Lane, Bury St Edmunds, is among the finalists in the Rehabilitation Initiative of the Year – Provider category of the Rehabilitation First Awards.
It was set up to provide support specifically for people returning to work after a period of illness, primarily cancer, and deals with clients internationally, including the Netherlands, France and Australia, as well as all over the British Isles.
Health psychologist Dr Julie Denning, a director of W2W, will be attending the awards event at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington High Street, London on Friday, September 9.
She said: “This is a very prestigious award within the industry, so we are very proud to have been nominated and obviously more so if we do win it.
You may also want to watch:
“We work with employers and insurance companies, to support people who have been off work with conditions such as cancer, mental health issues, persistent pain or chronic fatigue.
“We offer a unique bio-psycho-social model of support throughout the UK or, indeed, anywhere in the world.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club