Bury St Edmunds: Double Triumph for motorcycle hire firm Triplemoto
A WEST Suffolk businessman has chosen two top-range British-built motorcycles to spearhead the launch of a new rentals and tours business.
Terry Drew, director of Triplemoto, based in Bury St Edmunds, is offering a number of Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1050 touring models alongside a limited number of BMW S1000RR superbikes, derived from its successful track racers.
Mr Drew, who also runs established business Specialist Automotive in the town, has been developing the Triplemoto service for about a year, including the negotiation of specially-tailored insurance arrangements.
Following a “soft” launch a few months ago, he has added a range of additional features, including meet-and-greet shuttle services from Bury railway station and Stansted Airport and local hotel stop-overs, and he is also working on a UK-based tours programme for 2012.
An interactive website, www.triplemoto.com, went live yesterday, enabling bookings to be made securely online, and he is hopeful that Bury’s location will make the business a hit with visitors from Europe as well as local residents.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Drew is also working with dealers to offer potential purchases of motorcycles an extended trial with the machine they are considering before they buy.
“One of the biggest issues for motorcycle buyers is that the purchase decision has to be based on showroom viewing and a quick run around the block,” he says.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
“If you are spending anything between �8,000 and �15,000 on one of today’s serious advanced machines, you really want to live with it over a long weekend, and our service will enable the discerning rider to do just that”.