Bury St Edmunds: Genesis Landscapes named Marshalls’ Contractor of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Genesis Landscapes has been voted Marshalls’ Contractor of the Year by leading landscapers from across the UK.
The awards are hosted by hard landscaping products manufactuer Marshalls to celebrate the best garden and driveway projects designed and installed by members of its national accredited register scheme.
Genesis, based in Bury St Edmunds, also won the engineering category and was highly commended in the category for the best large patio transformation.
This year, for the first time, all the award finalists were able to cast their vote for the category winners and choose their overall contractor of the year through an anonymous online poll.
The prize for the overall winner, presented to Genesis owner Mike Long at a ceremony held at Nantwich in Cheshire, was a brand new Toyota Hilux pickup truck.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Long said: “I am stunned and delighted to have been voted the overall winner by my fellow landscaping professionals on the Marshalls register. It really does mean a lot to me that my hard work has been recognised by the best in the business.
“I thank Marshalls for their support and for my brand new Toyota Hilux which I will drive with pride.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
David Jessop, operations manager of the Marshalls register, said: “Huge congratulations must go to Mike and his team. The winning project was absolutely stunning and really has the ‘wow’ factor. The standard this year was the highest yet and so it really is a fantastic achievement.”
The Marshalls Register of accredited landscape contractors and driveway installers claims to be the only fully vetted national scheme in the industry. It is open exclusively to professionals who have repeatedly demonstrated proven skills and experience to Marshalls’ satisfaction.