Bury St Edmunds: NFB House Builder of the Year treble for Bennett Homes
- Credit: Archant
Bennett Homes has been named by the National Federation of Builders as its House Builder of the Year ? for the third year running.
Bennett, a family-run firm based at Nowton, near Bury St Edmunds, has been trading for more than 65 years and carries out developments across East Anglia with an emphasis on innovation.
Its latest NFB award reflects projects including Malster’s Yard in Eye, the company’s first age-restricted development for active retirees, its harnessing of new technology, including air source heat pumps, and the adoption of designs offering more open plan spaces and fitted storage.
Edward Parker, managing director, said: “We were delighted to be named House Builder of the Year for the last two years and to retain this title for the third time against stiff competition is a huge achievement.
“Our success is down to a number of factors but in my view it’s mainly the result of our company culture of putting customers first and the hard work of the Bennett Homes team who really do go the extra mile.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning this award is very important ? it validates all the work we do and to have national industry recognition is a great accolade.”
He added: “Winning House Builder of the Year for the third consecutive year is a huge achievement but it doesn’t mean we can rest on our laurels. We are constantly revising our offering to meet customers’ needs, not only for today but for the future.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Speaking at the awards ceremony, held at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London, NFB national chairman Paul Senior said: “It is an honour to be able to build upon last year’s success and to bring you these awards, which recognise and celebrate the best in our industry.
“You represent all the hard work and effort that has been needed at every level of the industry in the past few years, to overcome barriers, to deal with the changing world of construction, and to think and act in new ways. You deserve to be here.”