Bury St Edmunds Past President Award 2016 aims to honour chamber champs
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce has launched an award to recognise the achievements of its members.
Chamber chair Matt Moss announced the launch of the Past Presidents Award 2016 at the group’s first event of the year at the town’s Farmers’ Club.
It is aimed at entrepreneurs who have made a significant contribution to business in Bury St Edmunds and helped put the town on the map.
“Suffolk is one of the few net contributors to the UK’s economy, a testament to the strength and diversity of businesses within our county and particularly here in Bury St Edmunds,” he said.
“To recognise the achievements of a dynamic and incredibly varied business community, Bury St Edmunds Chamber is delighted to announce the launch of the annual Past Presidents Award, which is open to Chamber members who have made a positive impact on local business, be that through a new product or innovation, a campaign, initiative or service that has helped put Bury St Edmunds on the map.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner will receive £500, an engraved trophy and a profile through Suffolk Chamber’s media channels. For more information including on how to nominate an individual or business, contact Clare Harding on 01284 700800.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Body found in the River Orwell
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash