Bury St Edmunds: Theatre Royal celebrates support of business sponsors
The Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds is celebrating its supporters who keep the historic venue running.
The theatre’s many sponsors contribute up to £50,000 towards the community playhouse’s funding.
Head of development at the theatre, Julia Read, said: “We currently have 14 business sponsors supporting the
theatre in this financial year and they do so in a number of ways.
“This can range from sponsoring a specific show, having their name on their own box, sponsoring our ticket wallets, or sponsoring a whole season – our current autumn season is sponsored by Beckett.
“The financial support and endorsement that these companies give the Theatre Royal is very precious.
“They are not only offering financial support to a splendid community resource and life enhancer, but I always strive to offer them a return on their investment.”
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 5 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 6 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 7 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 8 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
Managing director of Beckett Financial Services, Ian White, said “We are delighted to be associated with a local organisation that shares our commitment to excellence through professionalism and enthusiasm.”
Benjamin Fox, of Cote Brasserie, said: “We offer all ticket holders a complimentary Kir Royale when dining with us to make an evening out at the theatre that little bit more special. Myself and my deputy have even agreed to complete a charity skydive next month in aid of the Theatre Royal.”
The 14 business sponsors this year are: The Angel Hotel, Ashton KCJ, Beckett Financial Services, BMI Hospital, Bury Developments, Bury St Edmunds Farmers Club, Cote Restaurant, Fiddian Interiors, Gibbs Denley, Greene King, Gross & Co, Jacobs Allen, Our Bury St Edmunds and Premier Printers.