Bury St Edmunds/Thetford: National customer care honour for Century Logistics
EAST Anglia-based Century Logistics has been named among the winners at one of the UK’s leading transport award ceremonies.
Century, which has facilities at Saxham, near Bury St Edmunds, and Thetford, won the Customer Care Award at the IFW Freighting Awards.
The fast-growiing company, which operates 400,000 sq ft of warehousing and has expanded its workforce from 110 to 140 in the past year, impressed the judges with its bespoke after sales services.
Century was required to demonstrate flexible and innovative responses to a range of different customers’ needs, how it evaluated its customer care performance and the steps it had taken to improve customer care performance in response to customer feedback.
It was also asked to demonstrate an effective strategy for problem resolution and recognition from relevant local, national or sector organisations, or the achievement of independently accredited quality standards.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to win the Customer Care Award,” said Stephen Basey-Fisher, managing director at Century.
“We know the service we provide is totally unique and it is excellent that we have been recognised for our pioneering work.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Century offers a wide range of logistics and customer care services as well at its skills in goods handling and distribution. This enables its customers to focus on their core activities such as manufacturing and selling.
“We do more than just offer warehousing. We like to make our clients’ life as easy as possible so they can focus on their strengths. This partnership allows us and the customer to grow together,” added Mr Basey-Fisher.