Businessman cleared of sex assault
A BUSINESSMAN has been cleared of sexually assaulting a woman in her 20s. Nicholas Bounit, 44, of Hobson Cottages, Peasenhall, near Saxmundham, was found not guilty at Ipswich Crown Court yesterday.
A BUSINESSMAN has been cleared of sexually assaulting a woman in her 20s.
Nicholas Bounit, 44, of Hobson Cottages, Peasenhall, near Saxmundham, was found not guilty at Ipswich Crown Court yesterday.
He had been charged with two offences of sexual assault alleged to have happened on July 28 and August 2 last year.
It had been claimed that on one occasion he touched and stroked the woman's legs to her mid thigh and on another he ran his hands up and down her legs before pulling down her top and exposing her left breast.
You may also want to watch:
Bounit, a father of two, had always denied the allegations and yesterday a jury cleared him of any wrongdoing.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week