Care home group expands
THE East Anglia-based Healthcare Homes Group has become the largest care home operator in the region following a multi-million acquisition. Healthcare Homes, based near Colchester, has expanded its portfolio of homes from six to 14 with the addition of the Pri-Med Group which runs seven homes across Suffolk and one in Norfolk.
THE East Anglia-based Healthcare Homes Group has become the largest care home operator in the region following a multi-million acquisition.
Healthcare Homes, based near Colchester, has expanded its portfolio of homes from six to 14 with the addition of the Pri-Med Group which runs seven homes across Suffolk and one in Norfolk.
The deal increases the number of beds in the group's portfolio by 280 - 171 residential and 109 nursing - to 519 beds in total, with a further 61 beds currently under construction. Its staff numbers will grow by approximately 300.
Healthcare Homes - which is backed by Kleinwort Capital, which has invested £10 million alongside an initial loan facility of £27million with Bank of Scotland - currently owns three properties in Cambridgeshire and one each in Suffolk, Norfolk and Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
The Pri-Med homes in Suffolk include Barking Hall, Barking, Uvedale Hall, Needham Market, Fornham House, Fornham, Oaklands House, Southwold, and Mill Lane, Foxgrove and Maynell House, all in Felixstowe. The Norfolk property is The Gables, in Gorleston.
Richard Clough, chief executive of Healthcare Homes, said: “This is a tremendous achievement for Healthcare Homes which has been in existence for less than a year.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 8 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
“These care homes are of excellent quality and provide a superb service for residents. Our prime aim is to continue to ensure our residents receive the very best of care and have an extremely comfortable home to live in.”
He added: “This deal confirms Healthcare Homes Group as the largest care home provider in East Anglia. We still however have plans to purchase more facilities and expand our portfolio.”