A Newmarket homeless charity is set to be boosted by a �3,000 donation from an insurance broker.
On Monday staff from insurance broker Hastings Direct will present a cheque to the president of Open Door, former hostage Terry Waite CBE.
The Hastings Direct office in Newmarket employs around 200 staff and chooses its own charity each year.
Staff raised the money through dress down days, raffles and cake bakes.
Aza Row, chair, Hastings Direct charity committee: “Open Door is our adopted charity.
“Our staff are keen to support a local charity which has a positive impact in our community and Open Door’s tireless work with the homeless is something we all admire and want to help fundraise for.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man