Chelmsford/ Ipswich: John Wark to open new Dunkin’ Donuts coffee shop
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town, Liverpool and Scotland star John Wark is to officially open the first new Dunkin’ Donuts coffee shop outside London next week.
The restaurant, in Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, is the first of 20 to be operated on a franchise basis by Court Group, which is chaired by former Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks.
The Dunkin’ Donuts brand is being relaunched in the UK after a gap of 20 years, with the first new branch having opened in Harrow, north London, in December.
The Chelmsford shop will open at 8am on Friday, February 14, with the official ceremony taking place at 1.30pm.
The first 100 people in the queue when the doors open at at 8am will get a Dunkin’ Donuts goody bag and there will also be competitions and special offers over the opening weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Court Group is also planning to open a Dunkin’ Donuts franchise in Cambridge in the next few months, and a second in Essex by the summer.
Mr Sheepshanks said: “We are very excited to be opening our first restaurant in Chelmsford, and look forward to greeting customers with a host of special offers on Valentine’s Day.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“Dunkin’ Donuts is a world famous brand, and we are proud to be part of the official UK launch.”
John Wark, who won the FA Cup and UEFA Cup with Ipswich Town and the League Championship with Liverpool as well as being capped 29 times for Scotland.
The Mayor and Mayoress of Chelmsford will also attend the opening, and Dunkin’ Donuts will be supporting Farleigh Hospice by making a donation to the charity for every dozen donuts sold on the day.
The new UK Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will not just be serving donuts but a wide range of hot and iced beverages, including Dunkin’ Donuts’ Original Blend Coffee and tea, as well as an assortment of breakfast and all day sandwiches, baked goods, all-day snacks, and grab and go products.
The menu will also include items specially tailored to the UK, including Sausage Butties, Bacon Butties and Porridge.