Chief Secretary to the Treasury David Gauke hails work of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Greater Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich is “on the launch pad for a truly great future” guests were told yesterday at an event celebrating the fifth anniversiry of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Greater Ipswich.
Guest speaker at the event, held at Suffolk New College and supported by Ipswich Building Society, was Chief Secretary to the Treasury David Gauke, an ex-pupil at Northgate High School in Ipswich and now MP for South West Hertfordshire.
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber, said: “Ipswich and its surrounding towns and villages are on the up. We are on the launch pad for a truly great future. Many of Suffolk Chamber in Greater Ipswich’s manifesto pledges, such as transport and skills, have either been delivered or are being actively addressed.
“From the Upper Orwell Crossings to planned improvements to the train service, and from the business-friendly approach of the University of Suffolk on to the great work of Ipswich Central in revitalising the town’s retail hub, Ipswich is getting its act together as never before.”
Mr Gauke spoke about the UK economy and the key role of the business community in shaping a sustained prosperity for all.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Ipswich is close to my heart and I wish the chamber every success in continuing to drive business growth across the Greater Ipswich area.”
Catherine Johnson, chair of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Greater Ipswich, said: “It’s been a good five years for the town. Now we must reap the rewards of all the work that has gone in to making Greater Ipswich prosper”.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence