Colchester-based Care UK invests £18m in new care homes in Sevenoaks, Horsham and Ferndown
- Credit: Archant
Essex-based care homes group Care UK has celebrated traditional “topping out” ceremonies at three new developments.
The new homes, at Sevenoaks in Kent, Horsham in West Sussex and Ferndown in Dorset, represent a total investment of £18m and will join Care UK’s network of more than 100 properties around the UK.
Topping out ceremonies are traditionally held to mark the construction of a new property reaching its full height.
The development in Horsham, which will accommodate up to 82 residents, is due to open before Christmas with the schemes in Sevenoaks and Ferndown, which will provide 80 and 75 places respectively, due to follow early next year.
Care UK, which owns nearly 20 homes in Essex and Suffolk and has its head office in Colchester, views the Sevenoaks site, which is being constructed by Lawrence Baker, as a flagship development.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Parish, chief executive of Care UK, said: “This home has been sensitively designed to accommodate the needs of the residents and the team at Lawrence Baker has worked with us to achieve our vision of a welcoming but luxurious environment.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband