Colchester-based Ingleton Wood hails BREEAM accreditation for 7 More London Riverside development
- Credit: Archant
A state-of-the-art office development that involved the expertise of a Colchester-based property and construction consultancy has been shortlisted for an international sustainable building award.
Ingleton Wood was instrumental in securing BREEAM In-Use accreditation for 7 More London Riverside in central London, recognising best practice in sustainable design and environmental performance.
The development, which overlooks the River Thames, has now been nominated in the Offices (In-Use) category of the BREEAM Awards 2017.
The building provides a sustainable workspace for more than 6,500 people and was the first office in the capital to achieve the BREEAM Outstanding rating along with an A-rated Energy Performance Certificate.
The 10-storey development includes 240 cycle spaces, electric car charging points and a biodiverse rubble roof that reduces the building’s carbon footprint. Its CO2 emissions are 86% lower than office developments of a similar size, achieved in part by use of recycled cooking oil to help heat the building.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Diamond, sustainability associate at Ingleton Wood, said: “It has been a fantastic opportunity to work on such an outstanding building. 7 More London Riverside has pushed the boundaries of sustainability and for it to be nominated for such a prestigious award is excellent news.”
BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for masterplanning projects, infrastructure and buildings, with the awards recognising the ‘best of the best’ in BREEAM certified buildings.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony at the London Marriott hotel in Grosvenor Square on March 7.