Colchester: Big Wave PR supports LEPRA charity
COLCHESTER-based PR agency Big Wave PR it to work with leprosy charity LEPRA Health in Action to support its efforts to transform the lives of some of the world’s most deprived communities.
The charity, which is also based in Colchester, is aiming to help bridge gaps in health systems and tackle physical and socio-economic barriers which leave people vulnerable to disease and disability, and to discrimination against both leprosy sufferers and their families.
LEPRA is currently fighting an anti-discrimination campaign against those suffering from leprosy, and earlier this year the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling for the elimination of discrimination against people affected by leprosy and their family members.
The resolution was signed by the UK government and 58 others but not India, the world’s most leprosy-endemic country.
Big Wave PR will be supporting LEPRA with its brand positioning and communications development on a pro bono basis.
Hilary Collins, managing director at Big Wave, said: “LEPRA is an amazing charity that does a lot of good work in the third world.
“We are really excited about helping the organisation raise its profile and create a better understanding of leprosy and its effects on people in deprived communities.”
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 8 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 9 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 10 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
To find out more about LEPRA Health in Action, visit www.leprahealthinaction.org .