Colchester: Big Wave PR supports LEPRA charity
COLCHESTER-based PR agency Big Wave PR it to work with leprosy charity LEPRA Health in Action to support its efforts to transform the lives of some of the world’s most deprived communities.
The charity, which is also based in Colchester, is aiming to help bridge gaps in health systems and tackle physical and socio-economic barriers which leave people vulnerable to disease and disability, and to discrimination against both leprosy sufferers and their families.
LEPRA is currently fighting an anti-discrimination campaign against those suffering from leprosy, and earlier this year the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling for the elimination of discrimination against people affected by leprosy and their family members.
The resolution was signed by the UK government and 58 others but not India, the world’s most leprosy-endemic country.
Big Wave PR will be supporting LEPRA with its brand positioning and communications development on a pro bono basis.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary Collins, managing director at Big Wave, said: “LEPRA is an amazing charity that does a lot of good work in the third world.
“We are really excited about helping the organisation raise its profile and create a better understanding of leprosy and its effects on people in deprived communities.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
To find out more about LEPRA Health in Action, visit www.leprahealthinaction.org .