Colchester/ Haverhill: Hardware firm Titon celebrates 40th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
EAST Anglia-based ventilation and window hardware specialist Titon is celebrating 40 years at the forefront of cutting-edge product design, development and manufacturing.
Over the last four decades, the company has played a highly innovative role in working with major UK housebuilders and developers to supply quality products meeting increasingly stringent requirements in terms of energy efficient.
Its products range from its signature Trimvent background ventilator to window handles, locking systems and hinge systems, and powered ventilation products featuring heat recovery and extract fans.
Titon currently employs 170 people across its three divisions, one covering fittings for timber and PVCu windows, one for aluminium window fittings and one dedicated to ventilation systems.
Each division has its own national sales team, with marketing and administrative support provided by the company’s head office in Colchester, while its manufacturing operation is based in Haverhill, together with a research and development department.
Titon also exports its products to a range of overseas markets. The United States market is supplied through a wholly-owned subsidiary, Titon Inc, while elsewhere it operates through a network of distributors. It also has a second manufacturing plant in South Korea.
To mark Titon’s latest milestone, founder and deputy chairman John Anderson was presented with a specially printed book recording the company’s history in pictures.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 3 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 7 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
Mr Anderson said: “We are obviously delighted to celebrate our 40th year of trading and doing our bit for the local economy. When we started out from just a garden shed in Feering, I never imagined we would end up as probably the largest manufacturer of window vents in Europe.”