Colchester roadworks a concern for businesses
- Credit: Essex Chambers of Commerce
Essex Chambers of Commerce hosted a lunch with Colchester MP Will Quince to discuss some of the issues and challenges facing businesses in the town.
Colchester business people met up with the town’s MP to discuss a range of local problems.
Essex Chambers of Commerce hosted a lunch with Colchester MP Will Quince and Chamber members to discuss some of the issues facing businesses in the town.
Denise Rossiter, chief executive of Essex Chambers of Commerce, said: “Engaging with local MPs and representing the views of our members to them is an important part of the Chambers’ work. I was really grateful to Will for taking time to come and hear first-hand about the issues experienced by our members in Colchester.”
A range of issues were discussed included the impact of roadworks in the town on businesses, the local road network generally, planned upgrading of local rail services and rolling stock, the proposed North Essex Garden Villages and the impact of Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
Will Quince MP said: “Thank you to Essex Chambers of Commerce for organising a lunch with local businesses to discuss a vision for Colchester. I always love meeting with local businesses big and small who help make our town such a great place to work, live and visit. Lots of ideas and issues discussed and work to be done.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich