Colchester: Outsourced services firm Helmsman expands into HR
- Credit: Archant
ESSEX-based outsourced services company Helmsman has launched a new HR service alongside its training and health and safety divisions.
The new “Safe and Sure” package aims to offer businesses peace of mind on all their HR issues and is modelled on a similar package covering health and safety requirements which has already proved popular.
Clients have access to a hotline for advice, reviews of documentation, updates on changes in the law, preparation of contracts and other paperwork plus any other advice required.
Kate Nudds, the newly appointed general manager of Helmsman Services, who has previous experience in running a recruitment agency, said: “When I came to Helmsman it was obvious that what they were doing for clients on the health and safety front could be replicated to give them more of a ‘one-stop-shop’ for other regulatory responsibilities.”
“But more importantly, provide it for a fraction of the cost of other national suppliers and with a personal service that the larger players are unable to provide.”
You may also want to watch:
The first client signed up to Helmsman’s new HR service is Horizon Landscapes East Anglia of Dedham, which specialists in hotel and country house gardens.
Marc Everett, managing director of Horizon, said: “As the business grows, I am spending more and more time on health and safety and HR issues and this means that I have less time to devote to running the company.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
“It was therefore logical for us to have someone take the responsibility for ensuring that we comply with legislation and good practice on both of these fronts.”