Colchester Rollerworld temporary closure leaves Easter skaters disappointed
- Credit: Archant
A top Colchester attraction has been temporarily closed through “one of its busiest periods” due to a clerical error.
Rollerworld shut its doors to customers on Tuesday, with thousands of people expected to visit the venue for skating and Quasar over the Easter holidays.
Andy Starr, Rollerworld managing director, said it was the first time the venue had closed in 27 years and it will reopen as soon as it is possible to do so.
He said: “Rollerworld will reopen. The closure was down to a clerical error and although I was not directly involved, as company director, I am reponsible for it.
“We are doing all we can to get the venue back open as soon as possible but I would like to thank customers for their patience and support in the matter.
You may also want to watch:
“I would say Easter, along with February half-term, is one of our busiest periods.”
A message on Rollerworld’s Facebook page said the company was “deeply embarrassed to have let customers down in this way” and urged people to keep checking the page for reopening updates.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms