Construction company R G Carter celebrates employees’ contribution with long service awards
- Credit: Archant
Loyal staff at regional construction business R G Carter have been recognised at the firm’s annual long service awards.
The company, which has offices across East Anglia, held a lunch to celebrate the contribution of seven R G Carter staff who have retired in the last year having served 45 to 50 years, and 11 employees who have each put in 25 years of service.
Group chairman, Mr Robert Carter thanked each of them for their hard work and dedication.
He said: “Continuous service is something we value very highly at R G Carter and we are incredibly proud of them all and grateful for their contribution.”
Among those recently retired are brothers Trevor and Ian Goff, who between them have worked a total of 92 years at the company. Trevor, a site manager, worked with R G Carter in Ipswich for 47 years while his brother Ian, was a site operative with the group for 45 years.
You may also want to watch:
Ian said: “Over the years, working for R G Carter was like being a part of a large family and was good fun. I was lucky enough to work alongside my brother where we learnt so much from each other and from the many friends we made. It was a pleasure working for such a loyal company and I was stunned by the kind words spoken at the presentation.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches