Coronavirus forces closure of town centre bagel shop
- Credit: BAGEL DOUGH
A bagel and doughnut shop in Colchester town centre has announced its sudden closure following the impact of coronavirus.
Bagel Dough, in Sir Isaac’s Walk, will be serving customers for the final time today after announcing the sad news yesterday.
A spokesman for Bagel Dough said: “It’s a very sad time for us at Bagel Dough as we close our doors for the last time due to not being able to survive these unprecedented times.
“We would like to thank every single person who supported us since we opened.”
Bagel Dough made the sudden announcement on Facebook on Saturday – saying it “hasn’t been able to make it through these tough times”.
You may also want to watch:
The shop, which was co-founded by Jake and Lillie in 2018, sold its last bagels today after only opening its doors last year.
Despite being relatively new to the town, the sudden closure of the popular cafe has left customers devastated.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
Shelley Moules said: “I am so sorry, you have always been one of our favourite places to eat. Thank you for such fantastic food and service, we will miss you.”
Alison Hartley added: “So sorry to hear this, you were mine and my husband’s favourite place. Your rainbow bagels and doughnuts always brightened up my day. Wishing you all the best.”