Danish airline Primera Air to launch third transatlatic flight from Stansted Airport, adding Toronto to Boston and New York services
- Credit: Archant
A new transatlantic route is set to be launched from Stansted Airport next June.
Primera Air has announced a third transatlantic route from its new base at Stansted with direct flights to the Canadian city of Toronto.
The Danish airline will offer three flights a week all year round to city. It recently announced daily services to New York’s Newark Airport beginning in April 2018 and four departures a week to Boston Logan Airport from May next year.
The route is London Stansted’s fifth largest unserved destination with more than 280,000 passengers from the airport’s catchment area flying from other airports to Toronto in the last year.
Flights to all three destinations will be operated by Primera Air’s new Airbus A321NEO aircraft and include a choice of two cabins, full-service premium and low-fare economy, free Wi-Fi and onboard charging points.
Primera Air president and chairman Andri Ingolfsson said they were “proud” to announce the new route.
“This exciting destination will be a great addition to our earlier announced New York (EWR) and Boston routes which will take to the air from April next year from London Stansted,” he said.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 3 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 4 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 5 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 8 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 9 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 10 How many of Town's 39 League One signings can you name?
“With our brand new Airbus321NEO aircraft, we are opening routes previously traditionally served only by wide-body aircraft. With unmatched efficiency of these new-generation aircraft, we will be able to offer unprecedented prices to our passengers from the UK to USA and Canada.”
Airport chief executive Ken O’ Toole hailed the latest announcement as “yet another fantastic addition to Stansted’s rapidly growing route network”.
“As a forward thinking and innovative airport we have the ambition and runway capacity to enable us to offer more flights to more destinations across North America, the Middle East and further afield and satisfy the growing demand from businesses and passengers across the region to fly long-haul from their local airport,” he said.
“We’re delighted Primera Air has chosen Stansted and recognised the airport offers the primary growth opportunity in the London market over the next 15 years and we look forward to further developing our relationship to provide more global connectivity, trade opportunities and more choice.”