Dayle Bayliss Associates is No 6 on ‘Business is Great’ Advent calendar
- Credit: Archant
Building surveyor and project management firm Dayle Bayliss Associates is today’s featured company on an “Advent Calendar” produced by the Business is Great campaign to celebrate 24 successful small businesses in the run-up to Christmas.
All 24 businesses involved in the calendar have received Government support or used its services, from help with exporting to new markets and tax relief for innovation, to hiring apprentices to grow their teams.
They are backing the advent calendar to let other businesses know about the advice and support available to them, with an additional firm appearing on the calendar website every day.
Dayle Bayliss, whose business is based at Bentley, near Ipswich, said: “We’re very proud of the business we have built and grown, and to celebrate our successes by being part of the Business is Great advent calendar is fantastic.
“Here we join 23 other businesses across the country highlighting the organisations and people doing great things for small businesses, and the government support that has made some of it possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The calendar has been created to celebrate small businesses and highlight their diversity and innovation during what is a key period for sales.
According to the latest statistics released by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), in the run up to Christmas, online sales are 40% higher than an average month. Online spending in December is up 200% since 2007 and has been rising by around £100million year on year.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
The Business is Great campaign is run by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI).
It aims to celebrate and inspire small businesses and provides relevant advice and information for small and medium-sized enterprises looking to grow, hire, export, lead and access finance.
Business Minister Matthew Hancock, who is MP for West Suffolk, said: “There are a record number of small businesses in the UK – over five million in total – and the Business is Great campaign is doing a fantastic job of spreading the word about the advice and support out there for small firms who want to grow and create jobs.
“They fully deserve to be celebrated. We want Britain to be the best place in the world to start and grow, and Dayle Bayliss is a shining example of why we’re backing small businesses every step of the way.”
To view the calendar, visit www.greatbusiness.gov.uk/adventcalendar.