Ipswich start-up business aims to help landlords with inventories
- Credit: Archant
A property professional has launched a new business in Ipswich to take advantage of the growing number of people renting.
Entrepreneur Donna Turner has become a licensee for VeriSmart Inventories, which sees her compiling inventories for letting agents and landlords using a copyrighted system including the best in voice recognition technology.
She says the speed and accuracy of her reports saves landlords and letting agents a great deal of time and money as well as keeping them legal and their tenants safe.
Prior to a property being rented the landlord or agent requires an inventory compiling. Donna’s process is completely paper-free and the inventories are automatically emailed to agents and tenants for online verification.
Additionally, and in line with current legislation and the housing health and rating system requirements for landlords and their agents, Donna provides extra compliance services. These include legionella and fire risk assessments, proper carbon monoxide (CO) and smoke detector testing (using synthetic smoke and CO), PAT testing and health and safety reports.
Donna said: “When I was looking at starting my own business I found VeriSmart Inventories and began to research it.
“Then I found that the chairman, Jonathan Senior, was the same person who had trained me more than ten years ago.
- 1 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 Revealed: The sell-on fee Town are set to receive for Downes
- 4 Suffolk school unveils plans for new fitness suite and cafe
- 5 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 6 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 7 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 8 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
“That was before the company created its amazing software and rebranded – I knew then I had to invest in it and bring the brand to Ipswich.
“As everyone knows, it is becoming increasingly difficult for first time buyers to get on the property ladder and so there are more and more people renting, which is why I anticipate strong growth.”