Double success for Tiptree-based Perrywood in garden centre catering awards
- Credit: Archant
Perrywood Garden Centre and Nurseries at Tiptree is celebrating after collecting two honours at The Greatest Catering Awards, held at The Belfry in Sutton Coldfield.
The awards recognise excellence in catering in garden centres across the UK and are organised by sector publication Garden Trade News.
Perrywood’s coffee shop won the Gold award in the Greatest Pot Wash Team category and Bronze for the Greatest Garden Centre Baking Team.
Coffee shop Manager Jackie Newton said: “It’s fantastic that the coffee shop team have been recognised for their hard work and dedication.
“Our coffee shop is incredibly busy and serves up to 500 lunches per day. Thanks to our efficient and hard-working team we are able to manage the high demand.
You may also want to watch:
“Every job – from washing cutlery, serving customers with a smile to producing delicious cakes and pastries – is crucial to the overall success. Well done team!”
Perrywood is an independent, family-owned garden centre, coffee shop and plant nursery, employing more than 150 people.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm