‘Dragon slayer’ Levi Roots is coming to inspire Suffolk business leaders
- Credit: Archant
The Dragons’ Den star will be visiting Suffolk next year.
He has amazed Dragons with his fiery barbecue sauce, penned a hit charity single, and made countless TV appearances.
Now Levi Roots, of Reggae Reggae Sauce fame, will be coming to Suffolk to advise businesses on how to make the most of their opportunities.
Mr Roots is opening the next Suffolk Coast Business trade fair – a major event, which aims to showcase the region’s diverse businesses sector, while offering opportunities to pitch to influential figures.
Suffolk Coastal District Council’s economic development team has secured the support of Dragon’s Den star and global food entrepreneur, Mr Roots to open the event “in style”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Roots said: “I am really excited to be able to attend this great trade event and talk to fellow entrepreneurs about my successes.”
Jenny Stockman, chairman of Suffolk Coast Business added: “We are delighted that Levi will be opening the showcase and sharing his amazing experience from humble beginnings, through pitching to investors and turning himself and his brand into a global phenomenon.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
Geoff Holdcroft, cabinet member for economic development at SCDC said the council wanted to “raise the bar” in its support for event and felt Mr Roots could offer useful advice and guidance on becoming an entrepreneur.
“The value of bringing Levi and his inspirational story to this ambitious audience is immeasurable and demonstrates the Council’s commitment to supporting the remarkable enterprises in Suffolk Coastal,” he added.
Suffolk Coast Business is also working with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and SCDC to secure key buyers that have contracts available and are keen to purchase locally. A full list of buyers will be released shortly.
The Suffolk Coast Business Showcase & Meet the Buyer will be held on the February 27, 2018, at High Lodge Leisure, Haw Wood, Hinton, near Darsham.
The trade show will run from 8am-3.30pm and meet the buyer appointments until noon.
Entry to the show and appointments with buyers will be free but appointments must be booked in advance through the website. v