EADT/EDP Top 100: Glasswells removals invests in new lorry
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds-based Glasswells removals has recently increased its fleet of vehicles by taking delivery of a new DAF ‘Euro 6’ lorry, worth more than £80,000.
The new low emission, ultra efficient truck, below, features a larger and more comfortable sleeping area for the crew, making it the perfect choice for European and long distance moves.
This is the eighth HGV removal vehicle on the family business’s books and the first of its kind in this area. The 15 tonne lorry can take up to five containers and has been specially developed for maximum transport efficiency, offering low operational costs, optimum vehicle performance and an even higher level of driver safety.
Glasswells appointed Hatcher, a cab conversion specialist in Framlingham, to provide the crew with two separate sleeping areas, delivering a much better level of comfort and privacy for overnight jobs. Environmentally, it satisfies the EU Directive on low emissions and, therefore, can be used to enter low-emission zones throughout the UK and Europe such as London and Paris.
Bob Allen, removal and transport manager, said: “This particular lorry is very good news for our customers. We can safely pack possessions directly into containers which are then simply loaded on and off the lorry, greatly reducing the risk of any breakages or losses.
You may also want to watch:
“The extra sleeping space means that the drivers not only get good night’s sleep, but are also able to stay on board with our customers belongings from the moment they leave our warehouse until they arrive at the new home.”
Glasswells is a member of the British Association of Removers and have been relocating families for over 65 years.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return