East Anglia: Adnams buys the White Horse in Blakeney
SUFFOLK brewing and leisure retail company Adnams has announced that it has bought the White Horse pub and hotel at Blakeney, in Norfolk.
The Southwold-based company has snapped up the seaside business and handed the lease to Francis Guildea, who has managed Adnams hotels for the past 10 years.
Adnams chairman Jonathan Adnams said: “We are delighted to add the White Horse to our estate. It has a well-established reputation for excellent local food and has been an Adnams stockist for many years.
“This is a truly beautiful small hotel in a stunning location and adds to our presence in Norfolk alongside The Globe at Wells and The Victoria at Holkham.”
Mr Adnams added: “Furthermore, we would like to congratulate Francis Guildea who will take on the lease at the White Horse. Francis has managed Adnams Hotels for the past 10 years and is a well-known hotelier throughout the region.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish him every success and look forward to working with him as he puts his own mark on this former coaching inn.”
Mr Guildea said: “When I heard that Adnams was buying the White Horse, I decided that this was an excellent opportunity for me and my family. Blakeney is such a special place and with its nine bedrooms, The White Horse is the perfect place to start my own business, whilst still staying within the Adnams fold.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
“The hotel already has a great reputation and I am fortunate to have inherited a young, spirited and enthusiastic team who are keen to work with me to find new ways to ‘wow’ guests who visit us. These are exciting times ahead and I look forward to bringing some of what I have learnt at Adnams over the past 10 years to The White Horse.”
The White Horse was previously a privately-owned freehouse.