East Anglia: Bedford Lodge links up with tourist attractions to target ‘staycationers’
BEDFORD Lodge Hotel in Newmarket is hoping to tempt “staycationers” to the eastern region through a series of partnerships with local attractions.
“Stay and Play” packages feature links with organisations including the Wild Tracks Activity Park in Newmarket, the Chilford Hall Vineyard at Linton and Gog Magog Golf Course in Cambridge.
Under the partnerships, discounted rates are given on a stay at the hotel and at the attractions involved.
The packages also include Cambridge Bike Tours, Coach House Riding Stables near Ely, Owl Barn in Diss and Earith Lakes Fisheries in Huntingdon.
Bedford Lodge chief executive Noel Byrne said it was hoped that the “buzz” around the Olympics, and an increased sense of patriotism following the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, would mean more people choosing to spend their summer in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great time to be in Britain, so we wanted to ensure that we made a visit to the east as attractive as possible,” he said. “Our partnerships with these tourist attractions mean that we can offer added value to our guests, which is increasingly important in this current economic climate.
“We’re very hopeful that by working alongside fellow businesses in Suffolk and Cambridge we can help to boost the economy of the region as a whole.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Glen Mejias. director and general manager at Chilford Hall Vineyard, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, added: “We are delighted to work in partnership with Bedford Lodge Hotel to showcase our vineyard tours and tastings to help further raise the profile of our beautiful region.”
Bedford Lodge also offers separate packages with local organisations Hoof Beats, National Stud and Newmarket Racecourse and has a strong working relationship with the National Horseracing Museum.
The hotel is currently undergoing a �4.5million expansion programme including the creation of 22 new bedrooms, with at least 25 further jobs to be introduced at the hotel as a result.
A spa is also being built in the grounds of the hotel, which is due to open early next year, complementing the hotel’s existing conference and wedding facilities and its The Edge Health and Fitness Club.