East Anglia: Birketts invites entries for the 16th annual Race4Business
- Credit: Archant
Regional law firm Birketts LLP is to stage the 16th annual Race4Business charity fundraising event on Thursday, June 26, this year.
The event, which attracts thousands of runners from around the East of England, follows a 3.5-mile route around the centres of Chelmsford, and has raised more than £440,000 for good causes since its inception.
It is aimed at encouraging businesses from across the region to enter teams or support individual employees to take part, although it is open to the public as well.
Entry fees this year will go towards Essex-based charity Havens Hospices, which cares for children and adults with serious illnesses, and Birketts, which has offices in Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and Cambridge, has set a target to raise £25,000 to support the charity. Registrations to enter will open in March via the Birketts website.
Race founder Richard Wollaston, who is a consultant at Birketts and who will be running for the 16th time, said: “I urge as many businesses to enter as possible to make this year the best ever and help us achieve our target.
You may also want to watch:
“We very much encourage anyone to enter, whether they are experienced runners, first timers or old timers and whether they want to run, jog or walk.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return