East Anglia: Consense secures consultation role with Bennett Homes
- Credit: Contributed
Community consultation specialist Consense, based at Martlesham Heath, has continued its expansion within the property sector.
Consense has been appointed to handle consultation work on behalf of regional housebuilder Bennett Homes, which is based at Nowton, near Bury St Edmunds.
It will be supporting Bennett in the preparation and execution of pre- submission community consultations for planning applications throughout the region.
Bennett Homes was recently named House Builder of the Year by the National Federation of Builders and also won the Customer Care category in the 2013 EADT Business Awards.
Lois Ransome, account manager at Consense, who is responsible for facilitating full service consultation for the firm’s property portfolio, said: “We are delighted to be working with Bennett Homes to develop their consultation processes.
“With a shortfall of available housing in the region, local property developers are under tremendous pressure to build us out of recession, however the rise of community planning groups and a ‘bottom up’ approach to planning means they can be faced with opposition.
“Our experience has shown that early and transparent engagement with communities and stakeholders can help encourage positive participation in the development of a planning application.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 3 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 6 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
- 10 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
“Bennett Homes has committed to full and meaningful consultation so we’re really looking forward to working with them over the coming months to bring forward a range of applications.”