East Anglia estate agency firm Fenn Wright acquires Sudbury-based Thorntons
- Credit: Archant
East Anglian estate agency Fenn Wright has acquired the Sudbury-based firm Thorntons for an undisclosed fee.
Fenn Wright said the deal was part of a long-term growth strategy to expand into Sudbury and further enhance their service along the A12 corridor.
The Thorntons office on Market Hill, Sudbury, will be the eighth for Fenn Wright in the region.
Sam Thornton, who established Thorntons in 1989, will be joining the Sudbury team as an associate partner, joining Graham Buxton, partner, at Fenn Wright, in the management of the branch.
He will be working as part of a team of eight, a mix of Thorntons and Fenn Wright employees, plus some new faces from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thornton said: “I’m really looking forward to joining the team at Fenn Wright.
“I don’t see it as a sad day that Thorntons is closing, I see it as an exciting step forward. I am delighted to still be in the heart of the local community.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Alan Williams, managing partner at Fenn Wright, added: “The acquisition of Thorntons wholly complements our strategy to expand our branch network.
“Sam is extremely well regarded; with his extensive knowledge of the local area, he provides an invaluable bridge between Fenn Wright and Sudbury, and is a familiar, friendly face for local residents.”
The Sudbury office is currently being refitted and will re-open on December 12.