East Anglia: Inaugural Anglia Afloat Boat Show to be held at Oulton Broad on February 1
- Credit: Archant
Archant magazine Anglia Afloat is staging its first boat show at the Wherry Hotel, Oulton Broad, on Saturday February 1.
The event is being billed as a cost-effective showcase for the region’s multi-million pound boat-building industry, with major industry players such as Haines Marine of Catfield and Broom Boats of Brundall already confirmed as attending.
Other firms to take stands in the spacious function room at the Wherry Hotel include ASAP Supplies of Beccles, Brundall-based Norfolk Yacht Agency and Wroxham-based Norfolk Boat Sales.
Exhibitors from further afield will include the Fish and Duck Marina at Ely and Hartford Marina, in Huntingdon, which will display a Dutch-built Interboat for which it is the East of England agent.
Duncan Abel, advertisement manager for Anglia Afloat, said: “The London Boat Show in January has seen a drop in the number of visitors and exhibitors and because of its cost can be unattractive to the smaller businesses, including many of those in our region.”
The Broadland village of Horning had successfully picked up on the idea of a smaller, local show last year ? an event to be repeated this May ? and the aim of the Anglia Afloat Boat Show was to give the industry a lift at a time of the year that was normally quiet, he said.
“The Horning show was very Broads-focused,” Mr Abel added. “By holding our event at Oulton Broad we want to attract offshore boats as well river boats.”
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 5 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 6 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 7 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 8 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 9 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Besides stands in the function room, there will be boats on show on trailers in the car park and on nearby moorings.
Tickets to the show are free to people who pre-register but will cost £2 on the door.
To pre-register, email firstname.lastname@example.org .