East Anglia: Lloyds Banking Group Social Entrepreneurs Programme offers share in �1m fund
THE search is launched today to find promising social entrepreneurs across Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk, with a chance to share in a �1million-a-year funding package.
Successful applicants will secure a place on a specialist learning programme for social entrepreneurs plus either start-up or scale-up cash awards, worth �4,000 and �15,000 respectively, to help them pursue their ideas.
The programme is also running in seven other UK regions, with one outstanding participant to be chosen to receive a package worth �25,000.
The Lloyds Banking Group Social Entrepreneurs Programme is being funded by the Lloyds Banking Group with additional investment from Nominet Trust.
In the eastern region, the programme will be delivered by the School for Social Enterpreneurs – East, based at the Eastern Enterprise Hub on the Ipswich Waterfront. In total, 16 places are available locally, with the programme starting in October.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Turner, Lloyds’ community and sustainable business director, said: “There’s plenty of evidence to show that social enterprises create jobs at the heart of communities – and thriving communities are good for business.”
Celia Hodson, chief executive at the Eastern Enterprise Hub, added: “Our vision is to build a force of community entrepreneurs across the East who will unleash the potential for people powered change, leading initiatives that bring business skills and social aims together to lift the fortunes of thousands of people.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
The programme is open for applications from today, with a closing day of May 25. To apply, visit www.eehub.co.uk .