East Anglia: Lloyds Banking Group Social Entrepreneurs Programme offers share in �1m fund
THE search is launched today to find promising social entrepreneurs across Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk, with a chance to share in a �1million-a-year funding package.
Successful applicants will secure a place on a specialist learning programme for social entrepreneurs plus either start-up or scale-up cash awards, worth �4,000 and �15,000 respectively, to help them pursue their ideas.
The programme is also running in seven other UK regions, with one outstanding participant to be chosen to receive a package worth �25,000.
The Lloyds Banking Group Social Entrepreneurs Programme is being funded by the Lloyds Banking Group with additional investment from Nominet Trust.
In the eastern region, the programme will be delivered by the School for Social Enterpreneurs – East, based at the Eastern Enterprise Hub on the Ipswich Waterfront. In total, 16 places are available locally, with the programme starting in October.
Paul Turner, Lloyds’ community and sustainable business director, said: “There’s plenty of evidence to show that social enterprises create jobs at the heart of communities – and thriving communities are good for business.”
Celia Hodson, chief executive at the Eastern Enterprise Hub, added: “Our vision is to build a force of community entrepreneurs across the East who will unleash the potential for people powered change, leading initiatives that bring business skills and social aims together to lift the fortunes of thousands of people.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
The programme is open for applications from today, with a closing day of May 25. To apply, visit www.eehub.co.uk .