East Anglia: New LEP director backs Archant Top 100 initiative
THE NEW Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership’s newest board member will be welcoming business leaders from across Norfolk and Suffolk at the launch later this month of a new listing profiling the region’s biggest companies.
Mark Pendlington, who is group director at Anglian Water and joined the New Anglia LEP board last month, will be speaking at the Archant Top 100 breakfast event at Wherstead Park in Ipswich on Monday, October 22.
The event will formally launch the 2012 Archant Top 100 publication, a prestigious listing jointly produced by the East Anglian Daily Times and its sister title the Eastern Daily Press which will feature the leading businesses from within Suffolk and Norfolk.
The breakfast gathering will give business leaders and industry representatives the chance to hear more about the launch of the new publication in the context of the current economic climate.
Mr Pendlington said: “Economic recovery depends on inspiration and leadership, which is what the Top 100 is all about.
You may also want to watch:
“Our local economy is full of innovation, talent and entrepreneurship, and this event will shine a bright light on all that is best about the way businesses across Norfolk and Suffolk are leading by example.
“I am looking forward to hearing more about the stories, successes and challenges facing our local business community, and in turn to promising that the LEP will continue to play a full and active role in helping all local businesses to compete and win in the global marketplace.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The Top 100 is being produced in association with New Anglia LEP and is being jointly sponsored by law firm Mills & Reeve and accountants Pricewaterhouse Coopers, which is researching and compiling the listing.
The full listing will appear in a special supplement to be published within the EADT on Tuesday, October 23.
The Archant Top 100 breakfast event will be followed by New Anglia LEP’s fourth major business conference, which takes place at Wherstead Park from 9.30am to 1pm. To find out more and book your place at the conference, visit www.newangliabooking.co.uk .