East Anglia: Premier Travel Agency group marks anniversary
THE East Anglia-based Premier Travel Agency group has celebrated its 75th anniversary.
Premier, which is based in Cambridge, has 28 branches, at locations including Newmarket, Haverhill, Halstead and Saffron Walden,
Besides the retail network, the group also includes Premier Holidays, a tour operator offering a range of options from luxury tailor-made holidays overseas to short breaks in the UK.
Premier, which was originally formed by a group of students who decided to run their own bus trips to the seaside, today employs a total staff of 215.
Throughout its history the company has banked with Lloyds, and Richard Todd, relationship director for Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets in Cambridge, visited Premier’s head office to present a longstanding business award.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Todd said: “The business continues to outperform the leisure sector by focusing rigidly on ensuring its customers have great experiences in both organising and going on their holidays.
“As a bank that’s also committed to long-term customer relationships, we’re delighted to help the team at Premier celebrate its 75th anniversary.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
Renford Sargent, chairman of Premier, added: “As an independent tour operator and retailer we’ve had to work hard to maintain the business’s growth, but that independence means that we can be flexible and adapt to the market more easily to ensure our customers get the best deals.
“The support and advice we’ve had from Lloyds Bank and other professionals has given us the firm financial foundations we need to maintain our focus on customer service which has helped us grow into one of the largest independent travel companies in the south east.”