East Anglia: Qton among winners at regional Chamber Awards
A SUFFOLK-based software solutions provider has been named as the region’s Most Promising New Business in the East of England round of the 2012 Chamber Awards.
Qton, based in Bury St Edmunds, impressed the judges with the way it has evolved to meet new opportunities, moving away from hosted email solutions and mobile contracts to focus on demand for software development and consultancy.
The business was formed in 2010 by former Nokia employee Phill Nunn to help non-Governmental organisations communicate more effectively with rural communities in East Africa.
Today, however, it develops bespoke software solutions, specialising in field service management and mobile applications for the utilities industry, with its solutions being geared towards helping clients streamline processes, improve efficiency and support growth.
Qton Solutions, a member of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, is one of eight winners in the East of England which will now go forward and compete for the national titles in their respective categories.
You may also want to watch:
Also among the regional winners was recruitment company Pure Resourcing Solutions which won the Marketing Campaign of the Year award.
Pure was recognised for its campaign to launch the new Best Employers Eastern Region survey, which it ran conjunction with psychometric testing specialist eras Ltd,
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
The category winners at national level will also compete for an overall Outstanding Business Achievement award which carries a �25,000 cash prize from the RBS Group.