East Anglia/South East: Joint working ‘vital’ to success of LEPs
JOINT working between Local Enterprise Partnerships will play a vital role in driving forward key projects to help boost the country’s economy, an LEP leader has pledged.
John Spence, chairman of the South East LEP, which covers Essex, Kent and East Sussex, was speaking at a meeting of the Haven Gateway Partnership.
The Haven Gateway initiative brings together businesses and local authority partners in the area around the Haven Ports, which include Felixstowe, Harwich and Ipswich.
With members in both north Essex and south-east Suffolk, the Haven Gateway partnership straddles two LEPs – the South East LEP and New Anglia LEP, which covers Suffolk and Norfolk.
Mr Spence said: “The South East LEP’s clear mission is to create the most enterprising economy in England.
You may also want to watch:
“We are already the powerhouse of the national economy, and we recognise that supporting growth and enterprise is an absolute priority for helping steer the country through turbulent economic times.
“The strength of our partnership stems from its collegiate nature, and we hope that this will positively impact upon innovative and creative relationships with our neighbours. We have an important agenda around skills, strategic transport infrastructure and stimulating growth, but we cannot, and will not go it alone.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
“We will work in partnership with our neighbouring LEPs to ensure the whole of the Greater South East and, by extension, UK plc, gets the best possible benefit from those interventions we choose to support.”
He added: “The Haven Gateway Partnership is a good example of an organisation which is working to mould these relationships to maximum effect.”