East Anglia: St Peter’s Brewery launches The Saints Whisky Beer
SUFFOLK brewer St Peter’s has teamed up with the St George’s Distillery in Norfolk to produce an innovative new brew – The Saints Whisky Beer.
St Peter’s, based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, is producing the beer using the same peated malt that is used by the English Whisky Co at its St George’s Distillery facility at Roudham, near Thetford.
Following the fermentation process, the English Whisky Co’s Chapter 9 peated whisky is added before bottling to produce a beer with an alcohol content of 4.8%.
Colin Cordy, managing director at St Peter’s, said: “In consumer trials we have had some very positive reaction to The Saints Whisky Beer and distributors in our 32 export markets are very excited about this addition to the St Peter’s award winning range of beers.”
Andrew Nelstrop, managing director of the English Whisky Co, added: “We are delighted to be working with St Peter’s Brewery to develop this excellent new and differentiated product. With St Peter’s’ penetration in worldwide export markets, we are hoping that this product will also introduce consumers to the English Whisky Co and our range of whisky products both abroad as well as in the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The Saints Whisky Beer is being launched exclusive in the UK through 150 selected Waitrose stores and online grocer Ocado, from October 24.
It will also be available online shop at www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk and from the English Whisky Co’s shop at the distillery.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021