East Anglia: THE ONE start-up competition for 2014 is open for entries
- Credit: Archant
Start-up businesses in East Anglia are in with a chance of winning a package of business support worth more than £30,000 with the launch of THE ONE competition for 2014.
The contest, now is its fifth year, is open to businesses across Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire which have been trading for less than five years.
Previous winners include last year’s champion, Raw Nibbles, based at Glemsford, near Sudbury, Bishop’s Stortford based A-OK Care Monitoring, Suffolk brewer Calvors, from Coddenham, near Needham Market, and the Rose & Crown pub in Great Horkesley, near Colchester.
The winner of THE ONE will win a prize package consisting of:
: : PR consultancy and implementation from Voice Communications to the value of £5,000;
: : Design Consultancy from Phelan Barker to the value of £5,000;
: : Website Consultancy from Rubber Cheese to the value of £5,000;
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
: : On-line marketing from Climbing Trees to the value of £5,000;
: : Accountancy advice and annual returns from LB Group to the value of £3,000;
: : MyRuby call answering service for a year to the value of £1,500;
: : Leadership and Management coaching package from Julie Clements (24 hours of one-to-one coaching) to the value of £3,500;
: : Legal support from Ellison’s Solicitors to the value of £3,500; and
: : Business consultancy from Graham Broughton Consulting to the value of £2,500.
To be in with a chance of being crowned THE ONE 2014, complete the online entry form available at www.onecompetition.co.uk by Friday, October 31.
Entrants will be required to provide a description of their business, product or service idea, details of their achievements to date as well as their ambitions and ideas about what they would use the prize package to achieve.
The judging panel will select a shortlist of finalists, who will be invited to give a 45 minute presentation of their business idea at Layer Marney Tower, England’s tallest Tudor Gatehouse, with the winner to be announced by the end of November 2014.
Nichola Cain, managing director of Voice Communications, said: “Following the success of last year’s competition, we are excited to be starting our search once again for THE ONE.
“The competition offers a fantastic opportunity for us to help an entrepreneur raise their profile through the power of PR, design and marketing and other crucial areas of business support.”