Stansted Airport Meet-the-Buyers event could drum up £10m in sales for local businesses
- Credit: Archant
The 2018 London Stansted Meet the Buyers event will take place at the Radisson Blu Hotel on November 1.
A number of buyers have already signed up, including LPL Construction, University of East London, Cambridgeshire County Council and ISS.
This year’s event will be supported by a programme of two free workshops which can be registered for online:
‘Understanding Airport Procurement’: To help suppliers understand how supply chains and procurement works in and around the airport and ‘Pitching, Presenting & Networking’: The importance of researching customers ahead of the Meet the Buyers event and tips on securing the deal.
These workshops are designed as learning tools whilst supporting local SMEs in gaining business at the Meet the Buyers event as well as to promote the benefits and opportunities available at the Meet the Buyers.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, the airport’s ‘Meet the Buyers’ business event has surpassed its previous success, generating over £9.3 million in sales for businesses who attended, a 95% increase on the previous year’s event.
The event welcomed 280 businesses from the East of England and London, ranging from small start-ups right through to larger companies, who attended in the hope of securing deals with nearly 50 organisations including National Express, London Stansted Airport, University of Essex and the NHS.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
In total, since 2011 London Stansted Meet the Buyers has generated just under £22 million worth of business.
Jonathan Oates, Director of Corporate Affairs at London Stansted Airport said: “Year after year, this event adds real value to the economy around Stansted by helping local companies win new business and we hope to again set another record at this year’s event on 1 November.”