Stansted Airport Meet-the-Buyers event could drum up £10m in sales for local businesses
- Credit: Archant
The 2018 London Stansted Meet the Buyers event will take place at the Radisson Blu Hotel on November 1.
A number of buyers have already signed up, including LPL Construction, University of East London, Cambridgeshire County Council and ISS.
This year’s event will be supported by a programme of two free workshops which can be registered for online:
‘Understanding Airport Procurement’: To help suppliers understand how supply chains and procurement works in and around the airport and ‘Pitching, Presenting & Networking’: The importance of researching customers ahead of the Meet the Buyers event and tips on securing the deal.
These workshops are designed as learning tools whilst supporting local SMEs in gaining business at the Meet the Buyers event as well as to promote the benefits and opportunities available at the Meet the Buyers.
Last year, the airport’s ‘Meet the Buyers’ business event has surpassed its previous success, generating over £9.3 million in sales for businesses who attended, a 95% increase on the previous year’s event.
The event welcomed 280 businesses from the East of England and London, ranging from small start-ups right through to larger companies, who attended in the hope of securing deals with nearly 50 organisations including National Express, London Stansted Airport, University of Essex and the NHS.
- 1 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 2 Historic Suffolk hotel and restaurant set for closure
- 3 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 4 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 5 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 6 Ex-Town defender wants to win League One title with Owls
- 7 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 8 Suffolk cinemas at risk as Cineworld 'set to file for bankruptcy'
- 9 Van driver punches man in the head in A12 road rage incident
- 10 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
In total, since 2011 London Stansted Meet the Buyers has generated just under £22 million worth of business.
Jonathan Oates, Director of Corporate Affairs at London Stansted Airport said: “Year after year, this event adds real value to the economy around Stansted by helping local companies win new business and we hope to again set another record at this year’s event on 1 November.”