East of England Co-op’s Tremendous Tractor Tour gets set to hit three counties
- Credit: East of England Co-op
East Anglian supermarket chain the East of England Co-op is set to tour the region on a tractor promoting local produce.
The Tremendous Tractor Taste Tour will be making a breakfast stop at 9am at Castle Park, Colchester, on Wednesday, January 24, where the retailer’s Producer of the Year county contenders Wicks Manor Pork and Ken Green Fish Merchants will give away fish and sausages, before heading for lunch in Ipswich, where Purely Pesto and Havensfield Eggs will be handing out samples, and dinner in Norwich, where there will be Buxton Potato and Gnaw Chocolate giveaways.
Chief executive Roger Grosvenor said: “Our fantastic green and yellow tractor will be a sight to behold,” said Chief executive Roger Grosvenor.
“Join us for some free local food, help us celebrate the people behind these tasty products and cast your votes.”
People can vote online and in stores until January 31.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone that participates in the vote will also be entered into a prize draw to win £150 of shopping vouchers.
Once the votes have been counted, three county champions will be judged by a panel of food and farming experts in February. The Producer of the Year will then go on to be crowned at the East of England Co-op’s annual Supplier Supper in March.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
You can follow the Tremendous Tractor Taste Tour on the East of England Co-op’s Facebook and Twitter pages.