Education funding agency framework role for Ipswich-based Barnes Construction
- Credit: Archant
Barnes Construction has been appointed to the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s latest Schools Construction Framework.
The appointment means that Ipswich-based Barnes will be in the running for agency contracts in eastern region worth £4.5bn over the next four years.
The new framework will support the delivery of the agency’s school building programmes but will also be available for individual schools, academies, colleges and local authorities to use for their own projects.
It involves 22 lots split across national and regional contractors, with Barnes ? a member of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of Suffolk and Norfolk’s 100 largest companies ? being appointed for two lots in the East of England, involving projects worth up to £125m.
Barnes has a long track record of projects in the education sector, including work for Suffolk and Essex county councils and several University of Cambridge colleges.
You may also want to watch:
Most recently, it began work on a 50-week project at Corpus Christi College involving the replacement of the college’s kitchen together with mechanical and electrical works and redecoration of the historic college’s dining hall.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors