'It's an escape from normal life' - Check in to new Suffolk escape room
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
Check-in has now opened on a new motel-themed escape room for those who have what it takes to break free in 60 minutes.
The latest attraction to land in Sudbury is from Sudbury Escape Rooms after launching their new game, Eerie Motel.
The game is based on a 60's American motel on Route 66, in which players have an hour to find a diamond left behind by criminals.
Director of Sudbury Escape Rooms, Matt Reffell, said: “We’ve had families where kids and their parents and grandparents have come.
“It’s a good thing that everybody can do together.
“You go in there for one hour, and during that hour you completely forget about the outside world, and all you can think about is the task in hand.
“Especially with the pandemic where people have been shut indoors it’s nice to be able to get out and do stuff.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
“It’s an escape from normal life."
The room launched on Saturday, January 22, and is suitable for those aged eight and over, in groups of up to ten people.
Players are searching for the Ragfellow diamond left behind by husband and wife criminals Miles and Judith Russell they hid while on the run from the Mafia.
The escape room is located on Hamilton Street, and Matt believes that it will add to the local activity options in Sudbury.
He said: “The thing with escape rooms is that people come from far and wide so we think it’ll be a good thing for the town to have in the high street.
“It brings people in; we get people from all over the place.
“It’s been received well."
Currently, only one room is in operation, however, plans for two further escape rooms on top of Eerie Motel are in motion, with construction already underway.
A group of ten people can have a go at the game for £14.90 each, with the cost slightly increasing if fewer people take part.
More information about the game can be found on the Sudbury Escape Rooms website here: https://www.knowescape.co.uk/games/eerie-motel/