Essex-based housing association Swan in Sunday Times Best Not-For-Profit Companies To Work For listing
- Credit: Archant
Essex-based housing association Swan has been ranked among the UK’s top 40 best not-for-profit companies to work for.
Swan manages properties in 17 local authority areas across Essex and East London, including 324 in Chelmsford, 202 in Braintree, 110 in Tendring, 78 in Colchester and 74 in Uttlesford.
It was a new entrant in the annual Sunday Times/Best Companies listing last year and has now climbed 29 places to 34th in the 2017 rankings, based on responses by employees to a confidential survey.
John Synnuck, chief executive at Swan, which is based in Billericay, said: “We are proud to be recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, and to come in at number 34 is a fantastic achievement.
“We are particularly delighted that we have moved up 29 places on last year, which is testament to the hard work of our management teams to improve employee engagement and satisfaction and the enthusiasm with which our staff have responded.”
Jonathan Austin, chief executive and founder of Best Companies said: “I would like to congratulate Swan on their outstanding achievement.
“This year it is encouraging to see that more and more organisations are recognising the value of employee engagement and are willing to benchmark themselves against the best to ensure they are offering their employees the best possible experience.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
“Organisations like Swan have continued to focus on their employees and have been rewarded with an engaged workforce who tell us that this is a great place to work”.