Essex: Birketts Race4Business 2013 is open for entries
- Credit: Archant
REGISTRATION is now open for the 2013 Birketts’ Race4Business, the annual 3.5 mile charity run in Chelmsford which will this year be held on Thursday, June 20, starting at 6.30pm.
The event, organised by regional law firm Birketts LLP and now in its 15th year, has raised more than £400,000 for worthwhile causes. This year, local charity SNAP (Special Needs and Parents) is the chosen charity partner.
SNAP was founded in 1994 and is a registered charity that helps Essex families with children and young people who have special needs and disabilities
It aims to empower parents so that they are able to give the best possible help to their children, with its information services including a telephone helpline, an online directory of information, parent courses and advice from SNAP’s team of parent advisers.
It also runs the SNAP Centre for children and young people to enjoy therapies, play sessions and clubs and to use a multi-sensory room and special needs IT suite.
You may also want to watch:
More than 1,200 families are currently receiving help from SNAP and over the years nearly 2,900 families have turned to the charity and benefited from its services.
Birketts’ Races4Business founder Richard Wollaston, who is now a consultant at Birketts and who is running for the 15th time in 15 years, said: “The Birketts’ Races4Business is now an established event in the Chelmsford calendar and we are keen to build upon its past successes.”
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Hilary Needham, SNAP manager, added: “SNAP is so proud to be the official charity for the Birketts’ Race4Business.
“We are looking to get as many runners involved in this fantastic event as possible, raising money for our vital cause which helps families, children and young people who have special needs and disabilities”.
The course takes participants from the High Street, through West Park and Admiral’s Park, finishing at Birketts offices on New London Road.
The route is mainly flat, ideal for beginners as well as experienced runners, and every runner will be given an individual timing chip to ensure accurate results. To register, visit www.birketts.co.uk/race4business/ .