Essex farm machinery maker New Holland celebrates 100 years of tractor production
- Credit: Archant
An Essex farm machinery manufacturer celebrates 100 years of making tractors at agricultural machinery show LAMMA this week.
It is showcasing two vintage Fordson tractors alongside its latest tractor models at the East of England showground in Peterborough. The 100 year anniversary display on New Holland’s stand forms part of a year of celebrations in association with enthusiast club Blue Force.
The centenary events began with a book launch at New Holland’s Basildon manufacturing site and showroom on January 11. The 528 page book, ‘100 years of Fordson, Ford and New Holland Tractors 1917-2017’ published by Blue Force, includes more than 1,270 colour photographs and details of tractor models produced since 1917.
The LAMMA exhibition demonstrates continuous improvements made in the manufacturing of tractors. A 1926 Fordson F series, owned by a Blue Force club member and a Fordson Dexta, owned by Blue Force chairman Philip Gibson, features on the stand with the latest models, including New Holland’s Basildon-built T7 Heavy Duty tractor, released in late 2015.
New HOlland marketing manager James Ashworth said: “We’re proud to have achieved 100 years of tractor production. New Holland has continued to innovate and improve tractor technology, to ensure our machines are efficient, productive and serve the needs of farmers.
“Our World Class Manufacturing sites produce quality tractors for a global market, including the site at Basilson, where we make T6 and T7 tractors for farmers in the UK, Ireland and more than 120 countries all over the world.
“We are delighted to showcase our history at LAMMA and thank Blue Force members for loaning two fine vintage tractors for our stand. We look forward to supporting Blue Force with their activities throughout the year.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
Following LAMMA, the celebration continues with Philip Gibson and Blue Force treasurer Peter Plehov embarking on a two-month-long Coastline Tractor Challenge, on April 13.
It will use two new Basildon-built New Holland T6 tractors to visit most of the coastline of England, Wales, Scotland and a part of Ireland. The tractors will pull a scratch-built shepherd’s hut for accommodation, and a trailer carrying supplies.