Essex: Law firm Birkett Long targets further expansion following growth in annual turnover
- Credit: Archant
Essex law firm Birkett Long has reported a 3.3% increase in annual turnover, and says it has “big plans” for even faster growth in the coming year.
The bullish forecast is in contrast with a recent report by consultants Deloitte which found a slump in growth figures across the UK’s top 100 law firms.
Adrian Livesley, managing pPartner at Birkett Long,said: “We are extremely pleased to have had such a strong year, especially during a time when other top firms have reported a deceleration in growth.
“It has been a busy year for us and it is the first time that we have exceeded £8million turnover, even before the recession.
“We have great confidence in the Essex marketplace as well as a continuing determination to thrive in a difficult economic climate.”
Birkett Long is aiming to grow its business by 10% in the coming year, despite Deloitte’s finding that growth by the country’s biggest law firms more than halved in 2012-13.
Birkett Long has offices in Colchester, Chelmsford and Basildon and, while there are no plans to open new offices, it will be expanding in Basildon, where it opened most recently in 2011, to meet growing demand.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
There are also likely to be additional staff at the firm’s Colchester and Chelmsford offices which remain just as busy as before.
Mr Livesley said Birkett Long’s growth last year was partly down to “significant” growth in the Basildon office and to mergers with Wickford solicitors Brian Ruff, Angus and Jewers and Billericay firm E. Edwards Son & Noice.
However, he said he believed it also reflected Birkett Long’s competitiveness in the market place as a full service law firm providing high quality services.
He added: “We have made a number of investments, from staff development and training to a new office and mergers with local firms, which we are confident will come into fruition in the coming year.”